View Poll Results: What library will you use to make your PGD Challenge entry?

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • No library, I do it all from scratch!

1 7.14%
  • Asphyre Shpinx

0 0%
  • Phoenix Library

1 7.14%
  • ZenGL

2 14.29%
  • JEDI-SDL

2 14.29%
  • (Un)DelphiX

1 7.14%
  • Prometheus

1 7.14%
  • PyroGine/Hadron Game Engine

0 0%
  • GLScene

0 0%
  • An other library not listed here! (Post about it!)

6 42.86%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What library/API will you use to make your PGD Challenge entry?

Blog Entries

Question What library/API will you use to make your PGD Challenge entry?

These days there are so many options for game libraries and API headers you can use to make your games with in Object Pascal. I remember when all we had as one and others were just starting their own using inspiration from it.

What game library are you planning on using for your own entry into the 1st PGD Challenge Mini Competition?
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

Blog Entries
    Replied before I got a chance to finish creating the poll.
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

I'll probably roll my own depending on what the theme will be
    Peregrinus, expectavi pedes meos in cymbalis
    Nullus norvegicorum sole urinat

I might give Jarrod Davis' latest engine a go - SvEngine...(www.simvector.com)

cheers,
    Paul

Allegro.pas of course.

No matters rues or requisites. Even 3D. I worked so hard on it the last five (pant) years that I must use it in every project I do. And my entry will be one of the betterest this time, I promise!
    No signature provided yet.

Blog Entries
    Every one of these compos is a great opportunity for real life field testing for Prometheus, so I'll take that bandwagon. Especially since I've finally got some experience from ludum 20 and its getting to a useable level. Oh and not to mention it gives ideas for new features Looks like no true winner by majority - should be interesting to compare the end results.

PS. WILL, I love how Prometheus is in italics and all the others are not

Edit:
    The front page caught my eye: not familiar with a 'Asphyre Shpinx'... I believe its meant to be Sphinx right, a 'Shpinx' could be hard to find these days
    Last edited by code_glitch; 13-06-2011 at 08:55 PM.
    I once tried to change the world. But they wouldn't give me the source code. Damned evil cunning.

I'm going to be using my own game engine Elysion (https://github.com/freezedev/elysion) and maybe even Horde3D. Targeted platforms are going to be Windows, Linux and Mac OS X.

Because I'm providing the prizes and most likely going to be judge in this competition my entry is not going to be rated. I'm just going to make a game for the fun of it. I may work with WILL on an entry.
    Freeze Development | Elysion Game Framework | Twitter: @Stoney_FD
    Check out my new book: Irrlicht 1.7.1 Realtime 3D Engine Beginner's Guide (It's C++ flavored though)

Programmer: A device for converting coffein into software.

Haha... Seems like most people have their own framework.

I still have some doubts. For this compo, I will aim for absolute straightforward simpleness, because of severe time constraints (studies *bablabla*). So I will go for 2D and pick an engine I feel is simplest and easy to use. It will probably be either ZenGL or Phoenix (or maybe JEDI-SDL, but then I have to write myself a Sprite-engine too). I haven't made up my mind yet.
    Coders rule nr 1: Face ur bugz.. dont cage them with code, kill'em with ur cursor.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast