Thread: SynEdit in Lazarus program not accepting cursor, or delete and backspace!!

SynEdit in Lazarus program not accepting cursor, or delete and backspace!!

Hey all,
    I have a very annoying problem with Lazarus and SynEdit in one of my programs...

I had a Delphi program that uses SynEdit, and I converted it over to a Lazarus program using the automatic conversion.

On the whole it went smoothly, apart from one issue:

When using my program at runtime, the SynEdit control doesn't accept any cursor key movements or delete/backspace, which is very very annoying!!

The only way I can 'delete' stuff in the editor is to hightlight it and re-type whatever I want to enter in...AAAARRRGGGGHHHH!!!

Any ideas?

Maybe it is a setting that got mangled or something when I converted over the program, or I need some events to be hooked up (different from Delphi version)?

cheers,
    Paul

Try to compare the options to a newly instantiate SynEdit. It might be that some of those have been reset
    Peregrinus, expectavi pedes meos in cymbalis
    Nullus norvegicorum sole urinat

Quote Originally Posted by JSoftware View Post
    Try to compare the options to a newly instantiate SynEdit. It might be that some of those have been reset
    Thanks, I will try that

cheers,
    Paul

I just deleted my SynEdit controls off the form, recreated them, and it now works! Thanks for the suggestion mate

cheers,
    Paul