Thread: Have questions? Post them to us here!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by paul_nicholls View Post
    1. So, do we have to do this before we start?
    2. What has to go in the registration readme file?
    3. Do we just upload it to the ftp site?
    Sorry for the confusion. I have updated the rules under the term REGISTRATION.

It now also reads...
    To register all you must do is include a simple readme file in your submission archive or installer. It should contain your name and contact information (email address) and a basic set of instructions on how to play your game. You can include any other information you deem fit with regards to your game as it will be visible to others who try your games after the competition as well.
    As long as this readme file is included with your submission at the end of the competition, you are fine. You can however post whatever project plan or design documents you like online in this forum as inspiration or a means of showing off your own creative process.
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

Thumbs up

That clarifies the process. Much better.
    No signature provided yet.

Thumbs up

Thanks Jason, that is definitely much clearer

cheers,
    Paul

Blog Entries
    I'll be around tonight, but I'll be gone all day Saturday (going to see Green Lantern and X-Men: First Class in the city) so if you have any dire questions that need answering sooner than later, be sure to ask away tonight.
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

Just a question for how to use an engine. I developed an engine which is rather for general use. (Based on SDL). Now I made every function accessable to Lua. So the engine is written in FreePascal. Can I commit a game which is entirely written in Lua except the engine? If not, it's also possible to use the engine in Pascal, but development is a bit slower ...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybermonkey View Post
    Just a question for how to use an engine. I developed an engine which is rather for general use. (Based on SDL). Now I made every function accessable to Lua. So the engine is written in FreePascal. Can I commit a game which is entirely written in Lua except the engine? If not, it's also possible to use the engine in Pascal, but development is a bit slower ...
    Well how thick is your Object Pascal layer? If we are talking just mapping the Lua language to the same command for Object Pascal, then I'm not sure, but that would feel like a bit of a cheat.
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

Okay, posts seem to work now. Thanks a lot.
    Yes, it is a layer, so all functions are actually implemented in Pascal (but they are themselves a layer to SDL ). But anyway, I will do the game in Pascal using my engine ... (Well, at least I can do the prototyping via Lua and port it to Pascal).
    Best regards,
    Cybermonkey

Sound effects

Where can I found some free decent sound effects for my game. Mostly I would need sounds for tanks, jeeps, various weapons etc.

Just to be sure: Sources should be written in English?

Also: I plan to use the engine used by the Allegro's demo game with a lot of changes. Any problem with it?
    No signature provided yet.