Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Have questions? Post them to us here!

Ehh, that is a rhetorical question right?

Blog Entries
    Could always just install Lazarus on a Windows machine. That's what I'm practically forced to do with the poor state of Object Pascal development on the Mac.
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

Blog Entries
    Wait a sec there will, you do know that the largest (historically speaking) user of pascal and longest time supporter is Apple right? I mean, object pascal was their main implementation language for one very long time indeed.
    I once tried to change the world. But they wouldn't give me the source code. Damned evil cunning.

Blog Entries
    Yeah well look that Apple has done for Object Pascal lately?

I agree that Apple was the mecca of all Pascal coding back in the early 80s, but things have changed. Now it's a royal pain. I'm hoping that with the announcement from Embarcadero's next Delphi version and the efforts of the Lazarus team this changes drastically in the next year or so.
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

Quote Originally Posted by WILL View Post
    Yeah well look that Apple has done for Object Pascal lately?

I agree that Apple was the mecca of all Pascal coding back in the early 80s, but things have changed. Now it's a royal pain. I'm hoping that with the announcement from Embarcadero's next Delphi version and the efforts of the Lazarus team this changes drastically in the next year or so.
    I enjoy my FPC programming on the Mac these days, but that is, of course, thanks to the FPC team, not Apple. I even enjoy Cocoa programming now that I don't have to use Objective C!

But for the challenge, that doesn't matter, I don't use any (visible) Cocoa at all so far. I work though GLUT. I intend to switch to my own Cocoa-based API when I have time, but that won't happen until after the challenge has ended. Not much time left but I am still trying.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ingemar View Post
    I enjoy my FPC programming on the Mac these days, but that is, of course, thanks to the FPC team, not Apple. I even enjoy Cocoa programming now that I don't have to use Objective C!
    You know, it would be really nice to have some kind of tutorials or a column or a blog dedicated just to Mac programming for Object/Objective-Pascal programmers. Maybe you'd be up to writing something for the rest of us converts and newbies after the challenge too? I know I'd be more than happy to publish a series of articles dedicated to Mac development with FPC in Pascal Gamer.
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

You know, it would be really nice to have some kind of tutorials or a column or a blog dedicated just to Mac programming for Object/Objective-Pascal programmers. Maybe you'd be up to writing something for the rest of us converts and newbies after the challenge too? I know I'd be more than happy to publish a series of articles dedicated to Mac development with FPC in Pascal Gamer.
    I have lots of material for such a column. I would love to give that a try.

If I'm productive enough now, I might even finish my challenge entry and then I can write about that as a start.

Blog Entries
    Here is a change. I have a question for everyone; Is the July 10th going to put anyone in trouble of finishing their entry?

I noticed a few people have mentioned that they thought they'd have until the 17th instead of the 10th. Does this mean you've cut your time too short? Would an extra 7 days make all the difference? Please let me know what the difference means to you.
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

Here is a change. I have a question for everyone; Is the July 10th going to put anyone in trouble of finishing their entry?

I noticed a few people have mentioned that they thought they'd have until the 17th instead of the 10th. Does this mean you've cut your time too short? Would an extra 7 days make all the difference? Please let me know what the difference means to you.
    I'd be able to finish by the 10th, but an extra 7 days won't hurt. It'd let me design more levels (and a new level type or two) and some additional effects and baddies. I haven't yet designed an in game tutorial, and I don't know if I can fit that in the current deadline.

(Also, happy independence day to any other american folks!)

The 17th would make a huge difference for me...anything I produce by the 10th will be very simple and not have much besides some gameplay

This is just because I have been very busy with life (work, family, trying to sell house to buy other house) + getting over a nasty cold, not because I thought it was the 17th and not the 10th as the competition ending date

cheers,
    Paul

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast