Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Brainstorming Discussion

Blog Entries

Lightbulb Brainstorming Discussion

Hey guys! How is everyone doing so far after the first weekend of brainstorming ideas?

Having trouble thinking of what your theme or game's mechanics will be like? Well why not discuss your ideas here and see if you can't bounce them off of fellow developers and maybe find that missing piece that'll help you complete your ideas.

Use this thread as your ideas factory.
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

Blog Entries
    Both myself and Stoney have been working on our mock-entry. Don't worry we won't be offering any competition for points, but we did come up with a whole lot of ideas just talking to each other and we have the base of what we would like our game to be. We have a working title, gameplay and theme all worked out. I miss collaborating as a team on a game, it's a really fun way to make a game.
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

I have a concept I love, but I'm going to have to try very hard to limit myself severely so that it will be playable in the end. There is just SO much I'd like to do with the concept eventually, so I hope I can get at least some basics down in an entry.

I am still not sure what I am going to do, but I did have this idea:

I might make a game similar to Gyruss, where you have to rotate around the centre of the screen firing down towards the centre, but all graphics are vector graphics with glow.

Maybe, there will also be 'tracks' that the player ship has to move along as it moves around the centre - maybe just left right, but might have in/out too...

At least if I do this, I won't have to worry about creating too many graphical assets - each object would just be a bunch of lines

cheers,
    Paul

My first idea was to rewrite my original PGD contest entry Run-A-War - but decided that could be cheating

Edit - I think the easiest option is to create a top down scrolling shooter.
    Last edited by cairnswm; 21-06-2011 at 06:48 AM.
    William Cairns
    My Games: http://www.cairnsgames.co.za (Currently very inactive)
    MyOnline Games: http://TheGameDeveloper.co.za (Currently very inactive)

My current plan is to make a top down arena shooter. In 3d. The asset are already somewhat finished, but now I just need a 3d model loader with animation support(and an exporter from some 3d program..)
    Peregrinus, expectavi pedes meos in cymbalis
    Nullus norvegicorum sole urinat

Good luck with that. I've searched a lot for that in the past couple of days and there really isn't much available.

Quote Originally Posted by JSoftware View Post
    My current plan is to make a top down arena shooter. In 3d. The asset are already somewhat finished, but now I just need a 3d model loader with animation support(and an exporter from some 3d program..)
    DeleD supports animations and a way to export it. I believe Paul Nicholls was working on that so you'd better ask him.

I do have a great game idea, but I still have to find time. Today, I will try to find a suitable library for me to use (with accel. 2D graphics, particles, sound and basic input). I will have more time next weekend and the week thereafter so things will run a bit slow for me in the beginning. Hope to see some good screenshots from other competitors soon.
    Coders rule nr 1: Face ur bugz.. dont cage them with code, kill'em with ur cursor.

I'm just thinking about making something out of competition. I have a lot of small code snippets and examples I wrote for my nds programming book, and it should be funny to recombine them in a small "one key" casual game. My idea is: you control the wings' flap of a bat, that needs to avoid obstacles and, at the same time, to eat bugs/flies to increase energy. The goal is to get the highest score as possible
    Get your fpc4gba copy now!
    Get your fpc4nds copy now!

Quote Originally Posted by JSoftware View Post
    I had made a ms3d model exporter plugin for DeleD if you are interested:
    http://www.delgine.com/plugins/viewP...s&contentid=32

It was slightly buggy, but I have since loaded the source code up to a server, and I think someone else has improved it slightly (don't know if they have uploaded it though)

Here are the projects for DeleD and some of it's plugins, including my MS3D one:
    http://sourceforge.net/projects/deled/
    http://sourceforge.net/projects/deled-plugins/

PS. it looks like some of my MS3D code was updated 7 weeks ago...

there is a unit_MS3D.pas that you can use to load MS3D models into Delphi

I don't know how to get the actual animation going in Delphi, etc, you would have to look that up on some MS3D site...

cheers,
    Paul

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast