Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Brainstorming Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by cairnswm View Post
    Edit - I think the easiest option is to create a top down scrolling shooter.
    That's my plan

Right now I'm working on my game engine which will hopefully be done by the week. Then I'll see how much of a game I can create with my new engine written in one week.
    Imagine I've written something clever here inspiring you to make something awesome. If that happens give me credits

Blog Entries
    Wow - 1 week engine development... Reminds me, people were working over the weekend ? I only got my main menu, game structure and engine integration done. I still have to implement the character generation system, AI (this one will be tricky), and find a way to code those pointers to procedures I'm so fond of using

My plan is a platformer based on a mario-style story where the aim is simply to destroy as many enemies as possible tekken style I hobe everyone upgraded to 64mb of ram or more since things tend to rely on 'particle effects' to work. Oh and did I mention the ability/upgrade system? Thats needs implementing too? Whaaat? It wont code itself?
    I once tried to change the world. But they wouldn't give me the source code. Damned evil cunning.

Smile

Finally I've decided to make a sort of "tech-demo". It will be a Gauntlet-like game or something, with random maps for fast plays. I mean no story, no save-games; just start killing skeletons, demons, hell beasts... I'll try to add the nice effects that made me to start using Allegro and write the Allegro.pas wrapper.

Quote Originally Posted by code_glitch View Post
    Wow - 1 week engine development... Reminds me, people were working over the weekend ? I only got my main menu, game structure and engine integration done. I still have to implement the character generation system, AI (this one will be tricky), and find a way to code those pointers to procedures I'm so fond of using
    Actually I didn't start coding. I was too busy trying to find an idea for the game.
    Last edited by Ñuño Martínez; 22-06-2011 at 08:09 AM. Reason: Quoting...
    No signature provided yet.

haha! I haven't started my game at all yet (gives myself a kick in the arse to get started...)

cheers,
    Paul

Quote Originally Posted by paul_nicholls View Post
    haha! I haven't started my game at all yet (gives myself a kick in the arse to get started...)

cheers,
    Paul
    Me either, except I haven't started because I'm trying to wrap up my Android game real fast

Same here actually. I have thought about it more and more and the game-plan is now more clear to me.

Tomorrow, I will hopefully start writing the first lines!
    Coders rule nr 1: Face ur bugz.. dont cage them with code, kill'em with ur cursor.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12