Hello folks,
I thought instead of introducing myself, I will introduce my active project.
Actually it consists of two projects: a (simple) game engine and an IDE.
What is the EGSL interpreter? you might ask. It means "Easy Game Scripting with Lua". (Hehe, yes I like those acronyms). It's a simple engine based on SDL, SDL_gfx and SDL_mixer. Image loading is done via the Vampyre Imaging Library (to reduce the dependencies of SDL_Image). I also removed in the newest version the support for true type fonts, instead I implemented some functions to use bitmap fonts. The engine is developed in FreePascal and works on Windows and Linux. The result is a BASIC-like syntax for Lua as you can see in the screenshot.
egsl-ide.jpg
This also shows the IDE which is written in FreePascal/Lazarus and also works for Windows and Linux. Maybe it's interesting to know that one can generate stand-alone executables from the scripts for distributing the games. It's also possible to use the core engine with Pascal, esp. to gain speed. I ported Lode's raycaster to the egslengine, but with Lua I got 2-3 fps, with Pascal more than 30 fps.
Since I have little freetime I am now working about 1 year on the project but I am rather pleased with the result. I am still far behind with the documentation so that will be my next priority.
shooter.jpgspace.jpg
Shooter1945 and Space are example games for EGSL, more to read on: http://www.egsl.retrogamecoding.org/