Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: EGSL Interpreter

Thanks for testing. Yes, it was compiled on Snow Leopard. How can I create a 64-bit version with FPC? I can see no 64-bit FPC download on freepascal.org for MacOS X.
    I implemented a frametimer which is set to 100 in this example. So, yes, it can run slower but it is limited to 100 fps and can not run faster than that. This example needs rather CPU power because of the pixel perfect collision and image rotation. (I don't know if SDL is hardware accelerated on MacOS). But since there is the timerticks() function, every one can add his/her own deltaTime or frame counter ...
    Best regards,
    Cybermonkey

The Mac OS X 64-bit compiler is installed by default. Instead of calling "fpc", you need to call "ppcx64". You should generate a Univeral Binary using lipo. (For an example, take a look at a shell script I posted some time ago)

I think some hardware acceleration on Mac OS X through Cocoa's drawing API is available, as I sincerely doubt it's all CPU-dependant, because it's just a difference of 370 MhZ on each core between my MacBook Pro and my MacBook.
    Freeze Development | Elysion Game Framework | Twitter: @Stoney_FD
    Check out my new book: Irrlicht 1.7.1 Realtime 3D Engine Beginner's Guide (It's C++ flavored though)

Programmer: A device for converting coffein into software.

Oh, I see. Thanks. I'm now working on a Pacman clone, let's see what will happen if executing on different computers.
    (It's really not easy to maintain 5 architectures/operating systems ...)

EDIT: Ok, I uploaded a new binary. Funny thing is that the 64 bit mode seems to be faster... Try to force 32 bit and the game runs much slower. (Maybe because I had to use a new SDL_gfx framework ...)
    Last edited by Cybermonkey; 22-01-2012 at 06:09 PM.
    Best regards,
    Cybermonkey

Ok, the interpreter has now reached version 1.6.0. I switched to Lua 5.2 on Windows and Linux, Lua52.pas is included into source archive. A simple (and easy to use) particle system was added and the use of sdlmonofonts.
    Best regards,
    Cybermonkey

Long promised but now I made it: a pacman clone. It's called Wallman. Wallman is a kind of a Pacman clone. If you'll play it, you'll know why I write "kind of". In contrast to the original game, Wallman is as twice as fast as the ghosts. Then there are no extra power pills who can make you strong enough to eat the ghosts. You are always chased by the them.
    Fruits will appear randomly. They will be eatable for only 10 seconds, try to catch them, you'll get 150 points.
    The game includes 70 levels.
    Downloads are as usual on my site: http://www.egsl.retrogamecoding.org//pages/showcase.php
    (Windows and Linux downloads are available at the moment, other operating systems will follow the next days.)

wallman.jpgwallman1.jpg
    Best regards,
    Cybermonkey

Very nice Cybermonkey! Keep up the great work mate

cheers,
    Paul

Thanks a lot Paul.
    Wallman is an example where the complete game logic is implemented in Lua. But - as earlier said - the engine is also usable in Freepascal (Bubble Chain is an example for a "pure" Pascal implementation).
    Best regards,
    Cybermonkey

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123