Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: PGDmC: Vectored!

Have you thought about adding some lines to improve the feeling of depth like in Tempest?

Imagine I've written something clever here inspiring you to make something awesome. If that happens give me credits

Thanks for the ideas pstudio

cheers,
    Paul

simvector
    +1 for lines.

Blog Entries
    Can SVEngine pull off the particle effects etc found in cap #2? It'd be quite nice to see something that polished - mind you, if your THAT good you might just land a job replacing Ted Carson (Red dead redemption for non-followers)

Looking good so far though. Might try get a few dozen lines in this evening on my entry - only spent a handful of hours so far on everything. Game kernel is uncommented - you have to be in the zone to grasp it fully. Mortals....
    I once tried to change the world. But they wouldn't give me the source code. Damned evil cunning.

Quote Originally Posted by code_glitch View Post
    Can SVEngine pull off the particle effects etc found in cap #2? It'd be quite nice to see something that polished - mind you, if your THAT good you might just land a job replacing Ted Carson (Red dead redemption for non-followers)

Looking good so far though. Might try get a few dozen lines in this evening on my entry - only spent a handful of hours so far on everything. Game kernel is uncommented - you have to be in the zone to grasp it fully. Mortals....
    SvEngine can definitely do particles - you just have to have a particle texture (or sub texture part), have some particle records/classes in a list of some sort, and render them using the particle texture; not hard to do

You could also use the BeginPrimitive / EndPrimitive routines in SvEngine that I wrote to draw OpenGL style points, lines, polygons as you can use textures with those which could make for some awesome particles!

With the primitive routines you can also use texture coordinates too to control where in a texture you are getting the 'picture' from just like in OpenGL

cheers,
    Paul
    Last edited by paul_nicholls; 28-06-2011 at 11:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by paul_nicholls View Post
    I am experimenting with a retro tunnel effect that will probably move towards the user
    Ooh, you are going to hypnotize the judges?

Blog Entries
    Sounds like a plan.... Hmm, I could swear I had a book on that from the USSR dating back to 1965 somewhere...
    I once tried to change the world. But they wouldn't give me the source code. Damned evil cunning.

haha! good one guys

cheers,
    Paul

Hopefully I wil get another small video done tonight to show you.

I have now got the tunnel looking a bit better, there are asteroids coming at the ship from down in the tunnel, and you can rotate the ship around the tunnel.

I am also hoping to get some 'glowing' lines added in too to make the graphics look better LOL

I am doubting I will get this done by the deadline (I am really busy ATM, and getting over a cold), but I will try

cheers,
    Paul

Blog Entries
    That deadline is a problem - I will grant you that. Can't seem to get enough time for code at the moment and it really is a damn shame really.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast