Thread: Errors while setting up my own project

Errors while setting up my own project

Hey,

I'm trying to set up my own ZenGL project, but after moving the zengl source files and setting the paths, i get this error:

Code:
    G:\proj\defender\zengl\src\zgl_application.pas(70,31) Error: Incompatible types: got "app_Init;" expected "<procedure variable type of procedure;Register>"
    G:\proj\defender\zengl\src\zgl_application.pas(71,31) Error: Incompatible types: got "app_MainLoop;" expected "<procedure variable type of procedure;Register>"
    G:\proj\defender\zengl\src\zgl_application.pas(72,31) Error: Incompatible types: got "zero;" expected "<procedure variable type of procedure;Register>"
    G:\proj\defender\zengl\src\zgl_application.pas(73,31) Error: Incompatible types: got "zero;" expected "<procedure variable type of procedure;Register>"
    G:\proj\defender\zengl\src\zgl_application.pas(74,31) Error: Incompatible types: got "zero;" expected "<procedure variable type of procedure;Register>"
    G:\proj\defender\zengl\src\zgl_application.pas(75,46) Error: Incompatible types: got "zerou(Double);" expected "<procedure variable type of procedure(Double);Register>"
    G:\proj\defender\zengl\src\zgl_application.pas(76,53) Error: Incompatible types: got "zeroa(Boolean);" expected "<procedure variable type of procedure(Boolean);Register>"
    G:\proj\defender\zengl\src\zgl_application.pas(96,1) Fatal: There were 7 errors compiling module, stopping
    on these lines:

Code:
      // call-back
      app_PInit     : procedure = app_Init;
      app_PLoop     : procedure = app_MainLoop;
      app_PLoad     : procedure = zero;
      app_PDraw     : procedure = zero;
      app_PExit     : procedure = zero;
      app_PUpdate   : procedure( dt : Double ) = zerou;
      app_PActivate : procedure( activate : Boolean ) = zeroa;
    I don't understand this. I have taken the code from the "Initialization" demo. I only moved the zengl source and changed the paths.

Inserting @ sings for all the procedure names after the "=" helps, but then a new error in another file pops up.
    I suspect the error is related to using the wrong $MODE. I'm using Lazarus 0.9.30.

Can somebody help me here?

Thanks
    Coders rule nr 1: Face ur bugz.. dont cage them with code, kill'em with ur cursor.

I was right. it was the mode!

I discovered that you can change this mode for your whole project:

Project -> Project options -> Compiler options -> Parsing (Syntax mode)

Very handy, because I was under the impression that you HAD to use the {$MODE xxx} compiler directive.
    Coders rule nr 1: Face ur bugz.. dont cage them with code, kill'em with ur cursor.

I will try to not forget about MODE directive in next release, but I'm too lazy...