Thread: SvPascal

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blog Entries
    Some people were asking about your Simvector libraries on Facebook under the Delphi Developer group.
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

simvector
    @paul_nicholls - Thanks bro.

@WILL - Whoa, did not know about this group. Thanks man.

simvector
    SvPascal version 1.0-a1 (alpha) released.
    Last edited by simvector; 30-06-2011 at 03:07 PM.

Looks interesting! So let me see if I get this right, it features a built-in native compiler compatible with Delphi 7 level syntax?
    Did you write this compiler from scratch or is it somehow based on FreePascal or something else?
    ZGameEditor - Develop 64kb games for Windows.
    Thrust for Vectrex - ROM-file and 6809 source code.

simvector
    Hi, thanks. The compiler tech is based on a heavily modified version of PaxCompiler by VIRT Laboratory. I'm using Syntax Editor SDK by EControl Ltd. for the syntax editor control and our own SvEngine for the 2D game engine.
    Last edited by simvector; 30-06-2011 at 03:31 PM.

simvector
    Version 1.0-a2 has been released.

If I want to use a 3rd party dll (bass) will I have to register the dll with TSvDLL and manually bind all functions?
    Imagine I've written something clever here inspiring you to make something awesome. If that happens give me credits

simvector
    This is an early screenshot of the redesign we are doing to SvPascal. We got some great user feedback and we will try to incorporate as many as we can. Another big change is that SvPascal will be using a different compiler back end (FreePascal) which required some architectural changes to accommodate this. I've been experimenting with adding debugging support (GDB) and it's looking like it will happen too. I've now figured out how to talk to the debugger and control it from the IDE. Pretty cool stuff. First step will be to step through the code from the IDE and then later to add more advanced features. More information coming soon.

Last edited by simvector; 29-07-2011 at 03:22 AM.

yay! Go Jarrod

cheers,
    Paul