Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: SvPascal

simvector
    Version 1.0-a2 has been released.

If I want to use a 3rd party dll (bass) will I have to register the dll with TSvDLL and manually bind all functions?
    Imagine I've written something clever here inspiring you to make something awesome. If that happens give me credits

simvector
    You can do it dynamically if you like via TSvDLL or you can do like you do in Delphi:

Code:
    procedure MyRoutine; stdcall; external 'MyDLL.dll';
    MyRoutine;

yeah got it working.

It seems SvPascal didn't like a constant instead of a explicit string when declaring external methods.
    I had

Code:
    const
      bassdll = 'bass.dll';

function BASS_SetConfig(option, value: DWORD): BOOL; stdcall; external bassdll;
    and had to change it to:
    Code:
    function BASS_SetConfig(option, value: DWORD): BOOL; stdcall; external 'bass.dll';
    And I wasn't sure you could use DLL's like this since 'external' wasn't highlighted as a keyword.
    Imagine I've written something clever here inspiring you to make something awesome. If that happens give me credits

simvector
    Hi,

Ahh.... gotta get that fixed. Thanks for reporting.

Impressive!

simvector
    Cool, thanks.

Is TSvDirList meant for browsing folders/files? How would I go about doing that in SvPascal?

Some feedback:
    I had (pseudo)
    Code:
    procedure Foo;
    const // for some reason it wouldn't work if the const was declared in the procedure.
      MAIN_TITLES: array [0..2] of widestring =
        ('Play Song',
         'Options',
         'Quit Game');
    begin
      Font.Draw(,,,,,, MAIN_TITLES[0] ,);
    end;
    Nothing would be written except for maybe a splash second in the beginning. If I move the const declaration outside the procedure then it works fine.

Some tabs for the units in the editor would be nice. It's annoying to use the dropbox to select a file when you have more than just a few units. Tabs would allow to quickly switch between units. Maybe even have the ability to have two units shown at the same time side by side.

Also it seems that sometimes when I choose a file in the dropdown box then it selects the project file instead.

If you want an add in your editor at least place it on the same panel as the dropdown box. Then I could see at least 3 lines of extra code instead of having that area filled with mostly nothing.

Save File As... doesn't seems to work.

Is there a way to add your own code folding marks? Some way so you can mark a section of code and fold it under a single header.

Very impressive! Is nice to see that exists people doing development tools like this!

simvector
    @pstudio

1) Here is how you would use TSvDirList
    Code:
    var
      dl: TSvDirList;
      i : Integer;
    begin

dl := TSvDirList.Create;
      dl.ReadAllFiles('c:\temp\', '*.dll'); //scan for file mask including sub folders
      //dl.ReadFiles('c:\temp\', '*.dll'); //scan for file mask in specified folder only
      //dl.ReadName('c:\temp*.*'); // scan for folder names only
      for i := 0 to dl.Count-1 do
      begin
        WriteLn(dl.ItemNames[i]);
      end;
      SvFreeNilObj(dl);

end;
    2) const not working inside routine. /Bug/ - Thanks.

3) dropdown not selecting correct file sometimes. /Bug/ - Thanks.

4) Add vertical tabs. Noted. Thanks. ATM you can press F12 to bring up a list of project files.

5) Save File As not working. /Bug/ - Thanks

6) Add own code folding marks. At the moment you can not. I will check to see if the Editor SDK allows me to do so. If so I will try and get this added. Thanks for the suggestion.

Again, thanks for the feedback. Much appreciated.

@Rodrigo Robles
    Coolness, thanks.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast