Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: PGDmC: Galactic Xenocide

Blog Entries
    I actually really like iLife. The probably I find is that iWeb lags WAY behind the other great apps like iPhoto, iMovie and Garage Band. I believe iWeb was designed exclusively to make quick/nice looking websites for MobileMe, which is half the problem. And this is something that Steve Jobs himself is admitting kinda sucks. Most of the effects that the app offers don't really show up on current-day browsers, ie. Shadows, from what I can tell so I have to modify the hell out of all the site I made just to get them to look nice.

I've heard of RapidWeaver, but not SandVox. I'll likely switch, but not right now. It works for the most part, once I have need of a proper portal, I'll see about properly replacing Dreamweaver. Which I assume is what RapidWeaver is trying to do by it's title.
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

Blog Entries

The Reptilians

Reptilian-Homeworld-(ver-1).jpgReptilians.jpg
    Evolving on a planet covered mostly in swamps and jungles, the Reptilians have fought their way into a strong warrior race. Having eaten their way to the top of the food chain on their home world, they have developed a global society that respects strength. Their culture recognizes that to ensure their own survival it is necessary to destroy all other powers that could stand to harm them. Their leaders have developed ships to take them to other worlds to expand their strength and defend against all other threats.

Reptilians were not interested in space or the rest of the galaxy until they made first contact with a peaceful race who landed on their world as refuges in a damaged ship from their own destroyed world. These peaceful aliens wished only for sanctuary on their planet and offered their knowledge in return for a new home. Fearing that this could be the sign that other aliens might want to visit their planet as well, the Reptilians captured the ship and space-fairing visitors and forced them to teach their own people how to make their own space craft and reach the stars.

The Reptilians eventually learned to create huge and powerful ships capable of taking lots of damage before being destroyed. The alien prisoners eventually died while in captivity after the Reptilians learned all that they wanted from them. The technology they learned was focused mostly on armour and weapons rather than propulsion and navigation.

Reptilian ships can take a lot of hits and offer plenty of damage, but aren't very fast nor do they build very quick either.

The Reptilians Music Theme
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

Nice! Who is doing the aliens artwork for you? It is very good

cheers,
    Paul

Blog Entries
    I'm using parts from assets I've purchased from Poser model stores. I've purchased the rights to the Grey alien and Raptor alien (used to represent the reptilians) for my Invaded project from before. Just reusing them here. Same universe, different game.

I have however done some filter and effects work in Photoshop to tweaking colouring and lighting and such. The backgrounds are from free domain images I've found on the net.

Actually one of the aliens, you haven't seem them yet, I manually generated using different filters and effects. I think they turned out pretty good. Hopefully I'll have their description written and I can post them as well.
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

Cool! Keep em coming

cheers,
    Paul

Blog Entries
    Thanks for all the feedback on our mock entry!

We kinda flopped our timings for this one so we wouldn't have made it even if this were a legit entry into the Challenge competition. But we do love the core game we were designing and I've spent enough time (among 2 seperate game projects) with this alien universe I've created so I've become quite attached. I'd like to develop this game further and make for a multi-platform release on Windows, Mac and iOS. Android and Linux depend on Stoney's ability to make good stable versions of them as I have not the hardware or setup for either.

We'll post more late after the competition scoring and once we've gotten something to show off.
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123