Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Latest Delphi for .NET managed DirectX 9 Demos.

Latest Delphi for .NET managed DirectX 9 Demos.

Quote Originally Posted by tux
    do you know where to get the full c demos? there not included in the dx9 summer sdk
    Well, if you didn't knew DirectPlay is "freezed" by Microsoft and will not be enhanced.
    New network API initiatives will be in XNA (X-box forked API)
    If I've not mistaken last DirectX SDK including DirectPlay samples is "Summer 2003" one.
    There are only 10 types of people in this world; those who understand binary and those who don't.

i didnt know it was freezed, ill download the summer 2003 thanks

i downloaded the 2003 sdk and i got tutorial 2 - hosts working in delphi and moved on to the next tutorial, finding hosts.

thats nearly done except im not too confident with the directplay message callback. ive uploaded what i have so far to here

what i want to finish with is something that will find all hosts on a lan, join the host and send a custom packet containing the user data, then 5 times a second send another custom packet containing position data etc

am i going the right way to get that?

Just had a quick play with the code and one problem arises. Nothing is displayed in the listbox.

This is caused because you are not calling CoInitialize( nil );. so your constructor and destructor need to look a little like..

[pascal]
    procedure TForm1.FormCreate( Sender : TObject );
    begin
    CoInitialize( nil );
    // other init code here
    end;

procedure TForm1.FormDestroy( Sender : TObject );
    begin
    // Other CleanUp code here
    CoUninitialize;
    end;
    [/pascal]

It seems that in DirectPlay8 the callback is not used much. At least I could not get it to fire, but then I don't have the SDK in the office

NOTE : CoInitialize( nil ); & CoUninitialize; MUST be paired.
    <br /><br />There are a lot of people who are dead while they are still alive. I want to be alive until the day I die.<br />-= Paulo Coelho =-

i had another try at it today, i fixed one of the problems but i still have another

first ill explain what im trying to do.

i have a "master server", this is what the game connects to to get a list of hosts or add a host.

a game connects to this, sends a "request host list" packet and then disconnects after it receives the packet. the game can now connect to a host.

a host can connect to it, send a "add new host" packet, containing server details and game settings (selected track etc)

the master server seems to be functioning ok but when i try to connect to it a message is sent to the DirectPlayMessageHandler about 4 seconds into the connection and then streight after that message is sent an access violation happens.

ive uploaded the master server and the connection test to http://www.vadertrophy.com/files/racer/dplay.zip

please help (again)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12