Sad to say, I had a rather large post written up before my system froze. Damn Norton Internet Security. :?

Anyhow, I basically stated that I myself recently have been feeling my way into Linux myself and that I found Delphi/Kylix to be a great complement. They are *exactly* the same in functionality(Installs great on SuSE 9.2, should be good for Mandrake 9.2 too). As for APIs... I'd recommend using something that is most cross-compatable like JEDI-SDL(works under Linux/Kylix & Windows/Delphi and MacOS X I believe if you would need it too.) SDL can be used to make PlayStation games aswell! So imagine if JEDI-SDL were to implement that support. SDL also makes use of OpenGL, which is the most cross-compatable graphics lib out there(to the best of my knowlage). Anyhow, stick with very portable tools like these and you should be fine.

My recommendations for APIs and Tools:

:arrow: Delphi for Win32

:arrow: Kylix for Linux(either SuSE or Mandrake. RedHat is no good for desktop use!) in either KDE or Gnome(KDE has been worked on more so than Gnome, but either enviroment can run each others GUI apps)

:arrow: JEDI-SDL for Gamming API

:arrow: OpenGL for graphics 2D & 3D(if it couldn't support 3D then it wouldn't be a part of the demos and examples would it? )

:arrow: OpenAL for audio(same reasons as OpenGL. It was designed to compliment it after all)

Thats my list... And pretty much what I plan on supporting from here on in. Best of luck with your Linux endevors, I know I just might need some along the way.