word and $FFFF0000 === 0 -- ALWAYS
    word shl 16 === 0 -- ALWAYS.
    Sorry, you're wrong. See my code again:

Code:
    function Swap32(x:word):word;
    begin
     result:=(Swap16(x and $ffff) shl 16) or Swap16((x and $ffff0000) shr 16);
    end;
    The first swap16 call gets "x and $ffff", and the result of it will shifted 16 bits to left, which's correct.
    The second swap16 call gets "(x and $ffff0000) shr 16" or short "x shr 16", and the result of it will not shifted because it was already shifted 16 bits to right, which's also correct.

I guess, you had simply overlook the correct nested levels of the (...) blocks in my code.
    Last edited by BeRo; 31-08-2011 at 09:46 AM.

Forgot about this thread... but:

function Swap32(x:word):word;

word is 16 bit unsigned... can only contain 0..$FFFF -- therein:

x and $ffff returns X

x and $ffff0000 returns 0, always...

since $FFFF is the highest number WORD can contain, $0000FFFF and $FFFF0000 == 0, ALWAYS. X in your function CANNOT hold a value that would return anything but zero on that second AND.... EVER.

See what I'm saying? for that function to work X would have to be DWORD and/or Longint... 32 bit... not 16 bit which is what WORD is.
    Last edited by deathshadow; 25-09-2011 at 12:05 PM.
    The accessibility of a website from time to time must be refreshed with the blood of designers and owners. It is its natural manure

Quote Originally Posted by deathshadow View Post
    See what I'm saying? for that function to work X would have to be DWORD and/or Longint... 32 bit... not 16 bit which is what WORD is.
    Yeah, I know (see the rest of the code), but this is unimportant, since this is 1. just a typo error in the typedef in the functiondef paramdef header (which's quick fixable) and 2. unused on little-endian systems