View Poll Results: What do you think about PGD's blogging?

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • I don't care about blogging.

0 0%
  • It sucks! I'd rather use something else.

0 0%
  • It's ok, but there are so many other better sites or 1 I prefer more.

0 0%
  • Thought about using it, but can't think of what to blog.

4 36.36%
  • It's confusing so I'm not sure how to start.

2 18.18%
  • I here blog often! (An option for code_glitch )

2 18.18%
  • I'm still planning on blogging, but I keep forgetting.

3 27.27%
  • What? This site does blogging?!

0 0%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Blogging

Blog Entries
    Ok I looked into this more and this is how it behaves.

When you type up a blog and don't want to post it right away you hit the 'Save Draft' button. You will see the following view. Don't be alarmed, it did not actually post publicly!

This is actually just a preview of your post, not the actual posting of your blog. No error here, just no indication that it's not actually posted. Misleading, maybe, but that's what suggestions for improvement to vBulletin are for.

So to come back to it as if you were doing so later on, just click the 'Blogs' button and you'll see this list. Notice this wrench beside your blog title below.

This indicated that it's a draft and not visible to anyone other than yourself, and of course the admins and moderators.

This behaviour may be different from some of the other blogging sites than what you are used to, but it doesn't mean anything is broken, just a bit different.
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

Blog Entries
    So is any interest in blogging gone dead on PGD? I know the system isn't perfect, but it's a great place for anyone who likes programming in Pascal to blog away on any of their latest projects. I think the blog section does serve as a great platform for keeping a developer journal, which has been rather successful over at GameDev.net.

Something to consider as I'd rather not waste this great resource we've added to the site.
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

PGD Staff / News Reporter phibermon's Avatar
    I struggle to think of coherent patterns to blog about at the moment as the engine is at the stage where I touch upon dozens of areas with each coding session, today I sat down with the intention of finishing the Animation blending and re-targetting so I could start experimenting with my animation data. I ended up adding new widgets to the window manager and then creating Instrument and effect classes for my audio lib. I really don't know why, unless I start working on PHUD again (my music production software, never discussed, multi-track midi capable sequencer), who wants realtime music synthesis taking up CPU cycles when they can just play a pre-rendered waveform? perhaps I could start blogging about my short attention span
    When the moon hits your eye like a big pizza pie - that's an extinction level impact event.

Blog Entries
    Well the blogs don't have to be overly long.
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

Quote Originally Posted by phibermon View Post
    unless I start working on PHUD again (my music production software, never discussed, multi-track midi capable sequencer), who wants realtime music synthesis taking up CPU cycles when they can just play a pre-rendered waveform?
    hmm...that project sounds interesting

cheers,
    Paul

Blog Entries
    The only problem I have about blogging is this: you get into the zone and your pumping lines of code. You commit to SVN, think I'll just updater the blog real quick because of this new feature or whatever it is you where working on and BAM, you spend 45mins blogging and tweaking etc and then you look at the code and your like WAAH! Did I write that? Its like all alien greek to me (for greek people thats a language you dont understand) and then you're like DAMN.

But I guess thats just me, isn't it...
    I once tried to change the world. But they wouldn't give me the source code. Damned evil cunning.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12