Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A Neural Network Simulator

A Neural Network Simulator

I'm taking a look at Decal. On a cursory glance, it does look very nice.

Oh, I've got MSXML to work (Cheers, claps, whoops). For some reason, you need to import version 2 (2.6 and 3.0 don't work). Hehehehehe, I just might ditch Java after all, seeing as I haven't really coded much yet. Being an MS component, there's tonnes of information on it at MSDN.

Thanks for the detailed explenation, Allimonster!

Obviously i were allready using container classes without knowing what they are! :shock: ...at least i think so. For example I've a class for a Particle-Engine where you can add and delete Particles without caring about storing them. The class avoids that Particles are spread over the whole array returns (beside other functionallity) the highest occupied index, so you don't need to run through the whole array when updating. I guess this is an example for a container class?

sorry for getting of topic! I'll shut up now!

-lith
    programming is more than copy and paste!

The beauty of container classes, is that you get to reuse the implementation without changing a single line of code of the container. A good example would be C++'s STL.

For example, if you needed a vector of integers, floats & strings you'd just declare 3 vectors

[pascal]
    vector<string> stringVector;
    vector<int> intVector;
    vector<float> floatVector;
    [/pascal]

This saves you time, because you know that if the vector works for 1, it should work for the rest. I like using prewritten containers, because I hate reinventing the wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by Viro
    Hmm, HTML formatting didn't quite work there.
    Check you have HTML formatting enabled in your profile.
    [size=10px][ Join us in #pgd on irc.freenode.net ] [ Sign the Petition for a Software Patent Free Europe ][/size]

My supervisor approved my design on Friday. Coding has started in earnest (I hope). I'm currently implementing it in Delphi as a RAD prototype. But if I like it a lot, I just might stick with Delphi.

I hope to have a demo out in the next few weeks.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12