Hi Crisp_N_Dry, there is more to shoot if you click "select mission", then for instance, select "protect the bridge and shoreline", start it, and just wait a few minutes.

Indeed it was great when long ago games came out like Descent, and some time after Quake. I've also played them a lot and mostly also because of their 3Dgraphics. (thought Quake was a little spooky.) I must admit to having Descent1 still on my computer and to have played it recently.. ops:

I've not considered using D3D/OpenGL, because i've no idea how they work. (and so far they don't sound like much fun) But if i ever figure some of it out, when it comes to drawing shape of chaos will be easy to "port". (giving up the 3D calculating will be a lot more difficult.)
But for now, shape of chaos is mostly done, and am starting on a new project. Another dream-program of me is to write a good flight-simulator. (There's a very old attempt in the DOS part of my website, and i did attempts before that) So that will be next, and hope to be able to show something flyable in a few months.

This looks like a very nice forum, now i've had a better chance to look around. It's really great to see people's Pascal/Delphi projects (going through them will keep me busy for weeks) and toppics. Looks like luckily Pascal is more alive then it seemed.

Thanks and regards
Stan