My project is called "Project Miniverse" and yes, it's another game engine... It's a cross platform project and hopefully it will compile and run at least on various versions of Windows, Linux and Mac OS X.

It's the fourth game engine, I've coded one before (about 5-6 years ago) using OpenGL for Windows and couple more before that for good old DOS. The last one used a commercial game engine, but I got tired of the limitations and I like to know what happens "under the hood", besides I wanted to have a shot on cross-platform coding...

Basically I'm doing this for the fun of it and I'll probably never finish it, let alone create a game with it. But that doesn't matter as long as it's fun and I learn new things...

I'll probably ask some more stupid questions on the forums regarding OpenGL and stuff as I have forgotten too much of it since I last time used it for anything...

Anyway, big part of the game engine logic is already done and now I'm porting it to use OpenGL and other cross-platform libraries. I'll probably rewrite whole lot of it along the way, but that's how software gets better and better...