Install steps for andLinux PreBeta

Requirements

* Windows 2000/XP/2003 or higher
* 128MB of free RAM (64MB possible, by editing settings_static.txt)
* 4GB available hard drive space.

Note
It was either during the install or the first time starting andLinux, that I had to allow a few of the new programs through my firewall (ZoneAlarm).

First time installation

* Run the self extracting 7zip and extract to your desired location. This will create a folder named andLinuxPreBeta off of this location. You may now rename the andLinux folder if desired.
* Run the run_to_install.bat file by double clicking on it.
o A small Windows command window will appear and should vanish after a few seconds. This will install the needed Windows drivers.
o You may receive a Continue Anyway prompt because the WinTap driver isn't Microsoft certified. You will need to click this.
+ If the Window stays, check to see if the title bar has the word Finished in it. If so, you may close the window and continue to the next step.
* Run the startup.bat to start andLinux.

Please note that andLinux will gather all needed information about your system during startup so there should not be any additional configuration needed.

Starting

* Enter your andLinux folder and double click startup.bat to run
o A window will appear labeled andServer (CoLinux). This window represents the andLinux backend.
o When the sound system starts, you will hear a few sounds to confirm its startup.
o Once andLinux is completely running, an application launcher panel will appear at the top of your monitor.
+ This window means that andLinux is now fully loaded.
+ You may select an application to launch (Console, FireFox, Synaptic, Write, etc.) or add your own.
# Please add suggestions for running andLinux to the discussion section.

Known Issues http://wiki.gp2x.org/wiki/AndLinux#Known_Issues incase you are having problems.

I hope this helps
cheers,
Paul.