Hey guys!

It's been rather quiet on PGD lately, I guess it's that time of year where work seems to either pile up or our attention spans get shorter. Who knows?!

Anyhow, I was watching the ABC/BBC mini-series 'Arabian Nights' based off of 'The Book of One Thousand and One Nights' recently, and it sort of made me think about storytelling in games. Something that I think we could do more of here at PGD.

Realistically what we do when we are creating a game with a plot is also creating a story. Something that we can let someone else 'live' in for a while. So to do that we can focus on anything we want really, but the more we delve into the storytelling aspect the more we need to bring to the table so to speak.

Things like anticipation, excitement, humour, rivalry take on more than a cookie cutter significance and your story becomes all the more interesting and involving. This is the art of storytelling and it's a great thing to learn.

Anyhow, I just wanted to see if there was any interest in this area of game development and if people had any ideas of incorporating more stories into their games and how they could do that.

Fell free to express your ideas or thoughts on this here.