Currently I'm in a creative crisis. I'll try to explain it.

After finished the first stable version of Allegro.pas (a limited wrapper for the wonderful Allegro game library) I discovered that it wasn't what I was looking for. I spent more than a year in this project so to discover that I need something different is a big pain.

I think Allegro is a great library, greater since they announced it will support OpenGL natively next major release, but it's way too complex for me. Something similar than good old MSX2 or Amiga is enough for me since I love classic 2D games, I love good 3D games too though so 3D support would be great too.

I had some experience with lo-level graphic programming in DOS and I learned a lot using and reading the sources of Allegro itself so I was planning to create my own Pascal cross-platform game library (FreeDOS, Win32 and GNU/Linux) but then I thought that somebody should do it yet so I start to look for it, but I didn't found nothing that satisfies me: they're too complex, don't support 3D or 2D is a pain or can't compile in FreeDOS (a FreeDOS based Live CD with games would be great )...

I want something simple: just two or three 2D modes, keyboard, joystick and mouse input, VOC/WAV and MIDI output and someday an OpenGL/MESA (even software!) 3D mode that I can use to create simple games and compile them on FreeDOS, Windows and Linux. That's all.

Do you think it's worth of? May be this library exists but I didn't find it?