Quote Originally Posted by de_jean_7777
Well, it's the TOS, and the price. I wanted to make OS X and iPhone apps some time in the future. But to get a Mac and an iPhone would cost me a lot of money (more than I make in half a year currently). A Mac alone would cost me a lot, and there is no cheap Mac computer (not an Intel based one anyway) around here. I can build a fully functional computer for about 400$ that can run Windows 7 and any Linux distribution (together with a monitor). I cannot find a fully functional intel-based Mac for 400$, not even a used one.
Ah well like I mentioned before the TOS would only apply to iPhone and iPad. So everyone knows (because I downloaded the SDK myself recently for my system) there are actually 2 SDKs for Development, the Mobile and the Mac ones. I got the Mac one and there was no such TOS saying I couldn't use Pascal. The controversial one is for the Mobile systems only. But if you have your heart set on making mobile apps, I can see why you're a little put off.

And well the price, I can fully see. My Mac wasn't cheap at all, but that's only because I got top of the line, for a change. They don't have anything for $400 USD no, but they do have the new Mac mini for $749. Almost double, but it is what it is right?