Couple of quick questions, I hope someone can shed some light on these.

I am getting 60 fps using the DirectX 7 DirectDraw interface, yet the game is not coded in any way to VBlank, so why is it limited at 60? It's matching my montor refresh but I don't want this, what can I do? I have searched everywhere for info but cannot find anything other than 'WaitForVBlank' but I want to do the opposite.

The other problem has been mentioned here before, but I am not sure if it is clear cut. I get drops in FPS to around 30 - 40, yet the game and my system should not allow this... Someone using an ATI card gets 500 fps constant, meanwhile my GeForce 4400 gives 60 (tied to refresh rate grrr) and drops to 20, 30, 40 when there are several small sprites on screen.

If I load everything into VRAM it makes NO difference at all, suggesting that it's the code, but it's not... I tested DelphiX using the same display size etc and it was really fast and funnily enough had no VBlank issue?

Is there a specific problem with NVidia cards, can I disable the VBlank as well? Been tearing my hair out for months over this =(