Quote Originally Posted by Lightning
What do you want to know about Unix filesystems ?
Urm, at the moment my configuration contains the directory information, e.g. 'C:\Program Files\XShell\', so i'l need functions to extract the directory of the application and to format it to the OS.

The only information i really need from a file is its filename, extension, created and modified dates, and with exe files the version information, i dont know if unix or other OSs application files will have version information??

Im aware that unix is case sensitive, the majority of my application will be case sensitive.

I'l also need code that will detect when external drives (floppy, cd, etc) are attached and have a medium inserted.

I used to have mandrake installed, but due to some virus i had on windows i had to wipe the drive.

My application doesnt really need icon or resource informaion because my application will have themed icons and models used to represent the files, etc.
I have a list of extensions with an icon and model index if not found then another model and icon index is used to represent an unknown extension.

Iv heard of wine, but i thought it was a win32 emulator for linux?
I just really need an emulator so i can test if the filesystem works with the other OSs?!