Quote Originally Posted by K4Z

I'm not sure whether to save it in the model file or seperate either. Both have there advantages, and disadvantages.
I've choosen to save in the same file.. working with multiple files would have probably get us mad.. It's always possible to create an exporter to copy the poses on another models (just a single copy/paste in xml anyway )

Ok now. So far, for the game, I see 2 promanent types of 'characters', (I'll call them) Troops [Men, monsters, animals, etc] and Vehicles [Tanks, copters, catapult, etc].
And 5 types of Models: Troops, Troop Weapons, Vehicles, Vehicle Weapons and Scenery.
So, we should set up sub-directories for each type of model. I don't think we need sub directories for each model, just each type. That would make it easier to share meshes, I started making a dwarf model, and instead of making another hand, foot, eye, etc meshes, I just use the same meshes that the viking uses.

When giving a node a mesh, you could set up a new Edit box that holds the name of the subdirectory in the media folder, so it can easily find the requested mesh.
Umm i'm not completely sure.. if you think about vehicles, they'll hardly share lots of meshes.. whereas troops will share many..
I'll think on this some more, by now i'd let it like this..

I'm done with the poses.. now models can be put in different poses that are saved/loaded along with it. I'm really satisfied with the result! If i find the needed strength i'll post some shots
Now i was starting with the animation mode.. The nightmare is to develop a "multi-tracker" widget to handle all keys in the animation
I think i'm going to have grey hair before finishing it