Quote Originally Posted by Mirage
Now I can't figure out which Linux distribution to install.
If I run my game, say, on Mandrake, will it also run on RedHat or Gentoo?
I recommend neither. Gentoo maybe, but I always prefer Debian.

Reason 1; they do not mess with the GNU or Linux standard setup or standards like RedHat(Now Feldora Core) does. SuSE and Mandrake are both to hankey and come out of the box unstable. You will need to do alot of patch-up work and fixing before you can get your setup complete. Also becasue it doesn't mess with the standard Linux setup, you can easily manually install new things or things you require updated!

Reason 2; Debian has the most stable and reliable update/package system out of all the distrobutions. Dependancies are handled nicely too. If you don't have a package that it needs it'll then install it for you.

Reason 3; It's just damn stable! Most serious and experienced professionals use it because it is that good and has the least amount of problems [size=9px](though like ALL distrobutions they have bugs and little issues, of course)[/size].

Reason 4; It just updated to the Final Sarge 3.2 release that took a few years to complete. So you know that they put alot of hard work into this one to make it stable.

As an installer for your game I'd recommend trying out that Loki installer that was going around. I believe that there was one that was written in Pascal if I'm not mistaken.