I played the demo of Fate most of yesterday. Pretty cool game, but it could be better ( hint, hint Sly ).

Though the game is 3D, so you can zoom in and out and rotate the view slightly, I still think this game would be just as good in straight 2D isometric. The 3D aspect adds value to the visual aspect of the game, but I did not think it added anything to gameplay.

I really like the skill system, though I think they should add a minus button as well, because right now, once you add skill point to something, you can't take it away ( as far as I could tell ). The other thing I don't like is that I have to press Ctrl to Run. I'd rather that if you clicked close to the character you walk and if you click further away you run. Seems more intuitive to me.

I like the fact that your mascot ( car or dog ) fights along side you , but they also have carrying capacity, so you can get them to carry loads of stuff and then send them back to town to sell any goods you don't want. Saves you having to use up your town portal spells. Their pretty smart and they also level up, the more XP they gain.

Having said the above, I think it is worth buying and I will probably do so soon.