Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Windows Vista

Windows Vista

I've actually never had an install problem with Windows 98 and up. I'm looking forward to Vista, unfortunately the name is shabby
    I have a 2005 CRF 250 so <^>(>&lt<^>
    <br />http://www.gtrpg.com/

Windows Vista

Quote Originally Posted by Lifepower
    Well, I don't remember what was the codename of Windows XP (maybe same story?)
    whistler

Windows Vista

On a Full Metal Jacket note...
    Sweet Enola Gay son, R Lee Ermey rocks my world. He spent 15 minutes spouting insults and putdowns without repeating himself or pausing in front of Stanley Kubrick to land the part of drill sergeant and he was previously a drill instructor in the USMC years before which is where he learnt his trade and why he is always get typecast as a drill sergeant. What a complete badass. Full Metal Jacket = Helluva hardcore 'nalm film.
    Isometric game development blog http://isoenginedev.blogspot.com/

Blog Entries

Windows Vista

I don't know what to think of Windows anymore... I mean... sure the 100% graphical enviroment on the PC was a big milestone, and it's many features did help move some concepts of the traditional GUI to what we have today, but... lately nothing really innovative has come from them.

They are very much becoming more bloated with 'Nice and friendly' features that I really don't want nor need as I know what file extentions are and I DO like to see them and I don't need every icon in my favored file management tool(Windows Explorer) to look like a nice big squishy happy Apple box. I am a technical person and as such feel like I'm having my system handed to me like I'm new.

I'm starting to feel like I'm growing out of Windows like I grew out of Velcro straps on my shoes when I was a kid. :?

I am however interested in how Vista will turn out. I was pleased with XP as a completion of the 32-bit full GUI OS that started with the original 95 and/or NT4[size=9px](as the first fully non-DOS required Windows built on the NT code-base)[/size], but I'm now guessing that it's reached it's peak and Microsoft either needs to deck it out or pack-it-up. More of the same will not work anymore and the more computer savy will not be interested in another fancier more happy-squichly-family-friendly update to the already completed NT-to-XP generation of Windows.

Then again Microsoft did choose C over Pascal so they obviously can't make the best choices all the time, no?
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

Windows Vista

well vista beta 1 is pretty stable and fast

many improvements for developers (mainly the benchmarking thing for auto game tuning)

if only it had media center included

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12