Quote Originally Posted by SilverWarior View Post
If you think that because you haven't managed to become professional developer till now you don't have a chance to become one then you are gravely mistaken. It is true that the chance for you to be employed by some programming company is a blit lower than for some younger people. But this is mostly because generally younger people are able to follow the fast technological advancements much easier but there are always exceptions.
Maybe I should have said that I don't aim to become a pro I'm fine with beeing a hobbyist - programming is my way of relaxing. I have absolutely no intentions of making money out of my hobby. If I wanted to I guess it would be possible.

About Colobot - thanks! Will investigate it further. He started learning in a LOGO inspired script lanugage, inhouse dialect with Swedish keywords. Using that he had the ability to script 'scenes' in a point-and-click adventure I made for him. Not that advanced, but he was able to add 'clickable' items, puzzles, npc actions and dialogs with it. Never really finished that, so we went on to Python instead. We've passed linked lists, stacks and queues right now, so he's getting quite a little coder - will introduce him to pygame soon.