Thanks guys.

Actually all the code, models, textures etc in this little App come from the GLXTreem Demos I just did a liberal dash of copy and paste.

The base of the game is the Models demo - I replaced the Jeep with the space fighter. Also added a couple of extra fighter for fun.
I then took the Skybox from the Path Following demo and added it to the program.
I then took the point emmitter from the Particles demo and modified it so that the particles would come from the sources I wanted them.
Using the rotation logic of the Physics demo I was able to start adding rotation for the Space craft.

Sorry - absolutly nothing original in that exe

I do not want to be writting engines. I am prepared to write wrappers for existing engines. I believe there are enough people out there who are good at writting engines. I want to write game and am therefore very thankful for engine writters. So I am always happy to use engines.

On what I think of GLXTreem - I used GLXTreem until the end of 2003. I then found a lot of problems on screen color depth, resolution etc and dropped it in favor of SDL. Yesterday I wanted to do some 3D stuff and remembered the ease GLXTreem had for loading Milkshape models. So I downloaded it at 8pm last night - it took about an hour - and by 10pm I had the demo you see there. So so far I am very happy with it