I have to agree with Lifepower, Will. PGD is going the wrong direction. You cannot be everything to everyone, you must settle for something specific.

While articles on design, music or art may be handy, my response will always be "Show me the code". You see there's something special about the main lurkers/posters here, and it's that we're PROGRAMMERS. Not artists, not trackers - programmers. While we need both artwork and music, it's less than nothing without the code to use it. If I need artwork, then I go and find it. Same for music.

Tell me how much code there is in a discussion of generic game dynamics. Not much, I'll grant you that, it's mostly logic - but it applies to what we do and learn as game programmers. What does an artist or tracker need to know about game dynamics if they won't program? NOTHING. Same for us and articles on tracking and artwork, it's just a bunch of filler.

If you ask me, all music and artwork forums need to be merged into a "Resources Showcase"/"Resource Request" forum. If we need content, we'll ask for it. And if an artist has free stuff or a decent portfolio to show off and is looking for a project, let 'em post there. But "keep the main thing the main thing"!

This is what is so infuriating about the latest Delphi to me. C++, .NET, all kinds of things I've no intertest in - yet bundled into the package I use ... and wasting power. You're doing the same thing.

We're programmers, and while I might be able to do a fair logo here and there, it's not my thing. Show me the code, not the bitmap.

Just my $0.02 worth...