I actually went through it for a bit. Here is what I found before I got aggrivated and quit playing (sorry):

1) Movement of the combat cursor is cayotic at best. I was having to try extremely hard not to overshoot my target, usually mashing the keys as quickly as possiable to still have to hit the opposite direction until I got it where I wanted. This actually caused me to move at times when I wanted to attack .

2) Movement in the map environment was SLOW, very very SLOW compared to the attack movements. If they were both the same speed I wouldn't have noticed and I wouldn't have a problem with it

3) I couldn't understand what I could and couldn't walk into on the map. For example the buildings on the first screen couldn't be walked into even though they looked like they could.

4) The first "Guide" that tells you to fight his spider, it took a long period to load the combat screen (I actually thought that my PC had locked up) then it jumped into the combat screen.

On the up side:

1) The graphics are quite nice
2) Little to no flicker (only when I had alot of things running did I see a problem)
3) Lots of explinations, from what I saw just the right amount of information

Overall nice first effort, and I hope you continue on.