I don't have a hatred of exe encryption, I just think it's a half-witted method of the DRM crap. If I wanna be a mini-Starforce, then I'd use it.

In point of fact, I used to protect my applications very closely. But lately, with the example of Stardock with their recent game Galactic Civilizations 2, I've seen that protection isn't neccessary. And only the paranoid need it, since if you're going to pirate, then you'll do it anyway. DRM tends to force more people into piracy, because of unworking CDs they purchased, and outright dislike for the company(ies).

Frankly, I think that if I need protection with my work, then I'm doing something wrong. After all, that's kinda like the terrible games that use eyecandy to attract gamers, then leave them furious at the lack of actual gameplay after 5 minutes.

CD in the CD Drive protection is kinda ok, but when you reboot my system at random or decide that what I do with it is "piracy" through your software (ie remote guessing that I'm a pirate) then I'll ask you one question: Can you spell b-o-y-c-o-t-t?