Startup was quite slow, but since it's a cached decompression I'm not to concerned about that. The cached load is much faster. By the way, the loading bar looks like a Cylon's eye.

One bug that forced me to restart is that of the infinite pause/inventory loop. While paused I accidentally hit "I" and my inventory came up. It's not a biggie, but when I closed it I was still paused. Try to resume and the inventory screen came up again. Hide it, and I'm still paused.

The animations were quite fast, far to fast for my taste. It makes the character look like they're running a marathon just to get 1 tile crossed. However, the teleport animation is perfect in speed and effect. I love that one.

I noticed that the teleport takes a few moments to trigger, you might want to make that happen just a tidbit quicker; I've teleported from 4 tiles away from the pad a time or two. And once I got stuck on a telepad and couldn't move, seemingly teleporting to nowhere (I went invisible) then appearing somewhere else 5 seconds later. I think it's tied to your sound.

Also, when walking to the end-level teleporter, rounding the final bend, my guy moved 2 tiles in almost 100th the time it normally takes. He somehow got semi-stuck there. I just encountered this 3 other times and noticed that it seems tied to the proximity of special spots... for instance I just found some Uranium in the 2nd level.

Overall the graphics are excellent and tie directly into the 2D RPG "feeling", but the sound leaves a bit to be desired. Also the game is VERY tempermental about loosing focus, which seems to be tied to the teleportation delay, and some sound delays as well. What previously was smooth has become very choppy as I've written this. I reassigned the console key to my QWERTY tilde/accent key (`/~) and after turning the FPS on, I noted that it's about -13 to -20.

Overall I liked it, and I hope you get some equipment, experience points and opponents into the game. It's a bit boring without them.