Hey this is an excellent idea. As some of you guys may know, I am a HUGE fan of 'UFO: Enemy Unknown' (aka X-COM).

One thing that has always left me somewhat wanting in all the X-COM games was that layer of advanced tactics or support of them in these games. As some of you guys may not know, I was in the Infantry for 6 and a half years and I know a thing or two about combat tactics, urban warfare and general battlecraft. ie. Cover and Movement, Pieing off doorways and opennings, clearing rooms, platoon-section-team formations, effective firing positions, weapons, etc, etc, etc...

It would be nice to at least fit in some of these more advances things into a game. So if you are interested, I'm humbly at your service. :salute:

I kinda like the TU (time unit) concept. It works well in many cases. Perhaps you might be able to find a nice multi-player type medium in using TUs. ie. both players can use as many TUs as afforded to each character within the round within that 'turn'. And everyone controls their team at the same time. Once the round is over via a timer(can be set for 1 - 10 mins) all the characters on all the teams TUs are reset and they play the next 'turn'. Has anyone ever played FreeCiv? And I think Civ.NET and/or Civilization III does this kind of gameplay too.