Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What PC games are you waiting for this year...

Blog Entries

What PC games are you waiting for this year...

If the UT2007 load times are a long as UT2005 I may pass on that one. :? I tried a copy out for a while and, oh man. IT was painful to play between matches. Ran great when the maps finally loaded though. Just waaaay too long load times (like almost 10 minutes for some matches)

As for multiplayer in Spore. I saw that feature too. I watched a Spore video with Will White himself and in it he mentioned the same thing, that it will download creatures from other players online, but he also said that they are not actively controled. Meanning that you cannot play against each other or interact player-to-player, just share in each other's 'content' as they call it. I think that was my only disappointment, but it was a wee small one compaired.

Speaking of which, has anyone played the PC version of Fable? Whats the replay value like on it? Do you eventually end up playing Grampa's Adventure Quests to the store to get some tea and whatever that stuff is that makes them smell like mothballs? :twisted:
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

I've been hanging out for UT07 since 2004, not only for the game, but mostly just the release of the engine. And there's a ton of new games using it. I read somewhere that the next GTA will use the UT07 engine :shock:.

Blog Entries

Whats the min. Req. for UT2007's engine?
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

I don't think any official min specs have been released, but last I saw it was about a:
    2.8GHz - 512mb Ram - Geforce6 (ATI anyone?)

A card with shader support will most likely be the bare minimum. The renderer uses Shader-3.0, and I think 2.0 support aswell. I've heard rumors that a PPU card is required just to start the thing, but I doubt it.

Blog Entries

Too heafty for my mini-beast.

I hope Spore will not be as high up there... I might have to get a whole new machine just for it.

I'm actually looking around for whats new these days...

It's been a while since I've taken a serious look at whats current.

Not since somewhere between Warcraft III and B&W and Neverwinter Night and UT2005.

Oh and I have an ATI too! Wanted nVidia, but didn't have anything in my budget with one.
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12