Hi jdarling,

As regards to the SDK; well, we have some generic classes for:
- TCP/UDP IP traffic, the game has to use our optimized communication class and not raw socket communication. The communication class provides functionality like reduced traffic consumption compared to raw sockets, automatic reconnections etc.
- Form, the game has to run on our Form class (inherited from TFrom) this is due to some generic resize for preview features in Onlinebandit.
- User handling, the game has to utilize our User handling class for joining games (up to 12 persons), quitting games, saving results in DB, etc
- Resource, the game has to utilize our resource class (images, wavs, meta-data etc)
- Graphics, optional to use our 2D gfx lib in 2D (as long its on our form), GLScene required for 3D.

We of course have sample code and examples for above integration with Onlinebandit.

As regards to the "game engines" you are mentioning, well... Its never something we have looked into, I wont reject the idea, but we are extremely focused on keeping the size of the product VERY small - after all Onlinebandit has to be downloaded over the internet. The size is only 2,8MB today. Regarding the engine-source; no, we won’t re-distribute it. But of course, we will need to have the rights to the game it self, but not the game-engine.

Delphi a must or is FPC ok? Im sooooo soorry, but I honestly don’t know . I have newer tried FPC with Onlinebandit, but I would say that: if it compiles with Delphi 7 its moooooooost likely ok! (Honestly I guess you know the answer to the question better than me, heh)

If I have a list of games? No, but we are very focused on not trying to integrate too huge games in Onlinebandit (yet). Let me try to give you an idea of the games that we are thinking of:
Arkanoid, Card games, Arcade style-game, Pool (3d), Worms/scorch-like game, Soccer game (steering only one person, not the whole team).
As you can see, we are very open - as long it’s cool, non-extreme-violent, and fun, we can talk about it. We know from our self that its NOT motivating to create a game you don’t like your self - that’s why we have taken this approach.

You are asking to related docs? Well, we agree to the "headlines" in the project and from there we take an eXtreme Programming approach. Releases every week for the 3-5 weeks the project is ongoing with clear go/no-go indications

Who owns the code after the release? We do. BUT - you are free to use the code to what ever you want after 15 weeks. Of course we would appreciate if you are not releasing a competing product after the 15 weeks, but in theory you could...

You are asking about the distribution of the source - basically an Onlinebandit game is "just" a Delphi Unit, not an .exe file. This allows us to rebuild it whenever needed (in case of later bug-fixes, optimization etc).

I hope above answers some of your questions,

Have a great day ,
kobie