Quote Originally Posted by tpascal
Hi,
By the way, there is a well know unit called geometry.pas which include matrix and vector procedures but coded in assembler, so most people (like me) could think that should be run lot faster!, so maybe it could be a good idea to copy/paste those version, :roll:
This is exactly the point of having a matrix unit shipped with the compiler, if people write their own matrix unit, usually they don't have the time and resources to implement everything in assembler. By working together the effort needed to implement everything in assembler is well spent.

Quote Originally Posted by tpascal
Another reason why i should preffer to code somthing my self is becouse somtimes programmers ARE SO LAZZY for document properly the units they release to the public; they like to give program examples instead; they say "please learn how to use my unit from this ready to run example" instead of of documenting exactly what the procedures are for and what the parameters mean. I preffer to expend two months coding for somthing my self but i will know fully how it works than expend 15 days figuring out more or less how works someone else code but not knowing fully if i am using it properly.
I agree 100%. The documentation for the matrix unit is currently 280kb of source which translatetes to 2,6 MB of HTML. However, I still haven't finished. It is a monk work, because every routine needs to be documented 9 times; three matrix dimensions times three precisions.