I got DelphiX a few weeks ago and it wouldn't install the components. I tried to do all the crap you have to do to get it to work with Delphi 6 and that didn't work. I haven't looked at the other 2 yet, I might soon.

I figured I was probably better off learning the coding instead of shortcuts anyway, maybe I was wrong.

I guess image lists don't look that difficult when you put it like that. It's like they try to explain them in the most complicated possible way in the help file. A problem with having the bitmaps in the exe though is that I was planning on making the sprites cusomizable, though I figured that would open a whole new clipping headache, since at the moment I'm just repeatedly scanning 4 or 5 pixels on the current sprite. The same 4 or 5 pixels would be in the wrong place if someone made their own pictures. So I dunno.

I suppose I should just keep it simple to start with. I just hate having to go back later on and recode whole sections just to implement a new way of doing the same thing.

Thanks for your help guys. Programming is nowhere near as fun if you're stuck making 'pick a number between 1 and 10,000' type games (that was my first ever game :roll: ).