Very nice water effect!

Though I have a 'small' recommendation. I noticed that the background image the you're using HAS water reflection in it aswell. But it's static light reflection and shadowing not dynamic. This might cause a bit of an unnatural look to the water as you'll essentially be reflecting unmoving reflections.

May I recommend that you take a modified segment of the background image and just remove all of the water's reflections and land shadowing using a base color and use that to create the reflective water on top of the 'untouched' original.

You'd really only see the modified segment in the water effect so only maps with the water would need it and you'd only need, like I mention, a segment instead of the whole background to match the area that you will want to scale into the water texture.

That may clear up any blemishes in your otherwise ultra cool effect.

Quote Originally Posted by jasonf
I'm wondering whether tanks should be able to float, 'cos it would be nice to see them bobbing along in the water and the collision detection would be really easy.
You could add a new class of tank that is 'designed' to be ideal for water. Like an Amphibious Tank, call it the 'Piranha', 'Barracuda' or 'Python'... something to that effect. The main advantage being low ground strategy & harder to hit as they are moving a bit.

Though you'd have to have more water maps for this to work as an interesting factor in the game. Plus it would be beneficial if the Amphibious Tanks had a firing bonus while on water. Perhaps make it more difficult for tanks to fire while submerged in the water?

:lol: I'm now waiting for there to be Subs in the game now.

Good thing you didn't call your game Tanx.