Ok I'll tell you my exact setup. I use Lazarus, JEDI-SDL (and OpenGL via the JEDI-SDL library) on Windows XP. Thats it! All I really need for cross-platform development.

To mimic the 'WILL flavor' of game development do the following:

1) Lazarus Installation: Go to the Project Lazarus site and download Lazarus 0.9.20!

a. [size=9px](In Windows)[/size] Install to C:\Lazarus as the FPC compiler doesn't support paths with spaces for some reason.

b. Run it to make sure everything worked fine. If you used all the defaults you should be good to go right out of the box.

2) JEDI-SDL Installation: Go to the JEDI-SDL project at SourceForge and download JEDI-SDL 1.0 BETA!

a. Once you've finished downloading, extract the JEDI-SDLv1.0 folder into the location you want to store all your libraries. On my setup I have a folder in My Documents called Pascal Projects and my copy of JEDI-SDL resides there. Either way, just REMEMBER this path, you'll need it in the setup.

3) Lazarus/JEDI-SDL Setup: Start up Lazarus if you don't already have it open. Create a new project for the purposes of demonstration.

NOTE: Unfortunately I've not found a way to setup a universal path for all libraries used in Laz so far... Perhaps they'll put this in for 1.0.

a. In the main menu go to Project -> Compiler Options... and if the Paths tab is not already open go into it now.

b. In the 'Other Unit Files (-Fu)' field put in the following, substituting my path for the one that you use for your own copy of JEDI-SDL. [size=9px](I recommend using the '...' button. )[/size]

Code:
C:\Documents and Settings\WILL\My Documents\Pascal Projects\JEDI-SDLv1.0\SDL\Pas\
C:\Documents and Settings\WILL\My Documents\Pascal Projects\JEDI-SDLv1.0\OpenGL\Pas\
C:\Documents and Settings\WILL\My Documents\Pascal Projects\JEDI-SDLv1.0\fmod\Pas\
C:\Documents and Settings\WILL\My Documents\Pascal Projects\JEDI-SDLv1.0\ODE\Pas\
C:\Documents and Settings\WILL\My Documents\Pascal Projects\JEDI-SDLv1.0\SDL_Image\Pas\
C:\Documents and Settings\WILL\My Documents\Pascal Projects\JEDI-SDLv1.0\SDL_Mixer\Pas\
C:\Documents and Settings\WILL\My Documents\Pascal Projects\JEDI-SDLv1.0\SDL_Net\Pas\
C:\Documents and Settings\WILL\My Documents\Pascal Projects\JEDI-SDLv1.0\SDL_Sound\Pas\
C:\Documents and Settings\WILL\My Documents\Pascal Projects\JEDI-SDLv1.0\SDL_ttf\Pas\
C:\Documents and Settings\WILL\My Documents\Pascal Projects\JEDI-SDLv1.0\SDLFilter\Pas\
C:\Documents and Settings\WILL\My Documents\Pascal Projects\JEDI-SDLv1.0\SDLMonoFonts\Pas\
C:\Documents and Settings\WILL\My Documents\Pascal Projects\JEDI-SDLv1.0\SDLSpriteEngine\Pas\
C:\Documents and Settings\WILL\My Documents\Pascal Projects\JEDI-SDLv1.0\SFont\Pas\
C:\Documents and Settings\WILL\My Documents\Pascal Projects\JEDI-SDLv1.0\smpeg\Pas\
c. Now to be able to find the include file put this into the 'Include Files (-Fi)' field substituting the same as you did before:

Code:
C:\Documents and Settings\WILL\My Documents\Pascal Projects\JEDI-SDLv1.0\SDL\Pas\
d. Now in any project you wish to use SDL in simply add 'sdl' to your uses clause as thus:

[pascal]uses
sdl;[/pascal]

Ta-da! You're done!

[size=9px]It might also give you some insights to setup for FPC/JEDI-SDL alone, as the parameters shown in the fields are FPC parameters.[/size]