Huh, PGD will never change! :lol:

[size=7px]Since nobody seem very enthusiastic about congratulating Pascal winner(s) in TMDC or giving any comments on Asphyre/Lazarus conversion, thought I'd join this discussion... =)
[/size]

Well, in the past years I've certainly witnessed some weird climatic changes, but there is no mathematical certainty that it is directly caused by Human activity (although in commonsense we could say so - multiple explosions from the warheads here and there during all the wars should've affected the climate in some way).

I personally am skeptical about global warming. Since I've been told by my folks who were(are) physicists/vulcanologists that weather weapons have existed for many years already, why would we contribute the extreme climate changes to a natural phenomena (global warming) and not to be sinthetic (e.g. weather weapons, detonations during warfare, etc.)?

However, I also doubt we would be able to prevent any of climate catastrophes even if we wanted to, considering that to destroy some 400 meter asteroid that might hit Earth, the governments need like 20 years of preparation. Gee, looks like Bruce Willis ain't gonna save us after all.

I recall when I went to observatory with my father to look on the impact of the comet Shoemaker-Levy 9 parts onto the surface of Jupiter. Man, that looked terrible! The entire 143,000 km planet was a mess! We may have the same fate very soon, so you guys should not worry about the long term weather effects. :lol:

[edit: offtopic]
P.S. That "99942 Apophis" asteroid linked above - check what it means. Cool, isn't it?
[/edit]