Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Project Euler

Project Euler

You don't need number crunching for no 5, use the factor command.

Project Euler

I figured afterwards ops:
    Peregrinus, expectavi pedes meos in cymbalis
    Nullus norvegicorum sole urinat

Project Euler

Quote Originally Posted by WILL
    Atta' boy Dany! Get 'em! [size=9px](WILL's personal pet peeve: people calling Delphi a language)[/size]
    They added Pascal instead of renaming Delphi. I think I failed, because now it contributes even more to the myth that Delphi and Pascal are somehow different languages. :evil:

Anyway, one Pascal user and counting

Blog Entries

Project Euler

I know... lets have everyone at PGD email him and set it straight!

If that fails... you can get your friends and I'll get my friends and we'll get him.
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

Project Euler

I actually prefer they will call it Delphi and not Pascal. As “Pascal is dead”, people associate Pascal with TP6 and below, the DOS era, the XTs, the...
    Delphi is new, true Delphi isn’t a language and its the same as calling C++ VS but it represent the new.
    Pascal and Delphi/”Object Pascal” is the same as C and C++, there should be a distinction.
    [size=9px]BEGIN GEEK CODE BLOCK
    <br />d s-- : a24 GB GCS GTW GE C++ P L+ W++ N+ K- w++++ M- PS+ PE+ Y- t+ 5+++ X+ R*
    <br />tv b+ DI++ D+ e++ h+ G-
    <br />END GEEK CODE BLOCK[/size]
    <br />Create your own GeekCode block at: <a href="">...</a>

Project Euler

I agree with tanffn, there should be a distinction between the old Pascal and the new Delphi/Object Pascal
    www.pascalgameengine.com - Crossplatform 3D game engine

Project Euler

Calling Pascal Delphi has everything to do with marketing and not with language evolution. If people perceive the language as Delphi, they will of course only buy Delphi to code in it. It is pure revisionism by Borland; the "Delphi language" is nothing else than Apple's Object Pascal proposal.

Further, following your reasoning, you don't do object oriented programming in such a contest, but restrict yourself to basic procedural programming. So, talking about dialects: no Object Pascal, but UCSD styled code, with perhaps one or two modern features.

If "Pascal" is assiciated with the past this is again 100% the result of Borland marketing strategy. IMO in their disadvantage, since any new programmer will start with basic Pascal programs and think he is learning old crap. Both C and Pascal are over 35 years old. Factually, I'd say Pascal has gotten much more modern than C/C++. If people perceive the opposite, it is pure a matter of wrong marketing.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12