Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: BLOCKBASH UPDATED (9th Of Jan 2007).

BLOCKBASH UPDATED (9th Of Jan 2007).

Sorry for the double post, this is for JSoftware (the message must have been posted as I was posting mine lol and my previous one is large enough, i'd rather do this then create possible confusion).

Anyway, I really don't know what to say, I can't think if anything off the top of my head that would cause this to happen every single time.

Could you explain at exactly what point this Access Violation occurs (and what you did to get to this point). So then I can take a look at what should be happening at that point and see if I can find the problem.

If I can't find anything immediate, I will try to disable some things bit by bit and I'll PM you a link to download it, and whenever you have the time, try it out and let me know what happens.

Hopefully then I can trace this problem, even though it doesn't seem to occur to me or some others .

EDIT:

God my posts are getting long..... oh btw if I have time and am satisfied I'll post an updated version some time tonight (currently 10pm), could end up being early in the morning for me, or sometime tomorrow.

Nothing special. I press escape at the intro screen. The second I press enter when having the Play option selected an access violation will pop up. I have tried having it stand there playing music for 5 minutes and then pressing enter with the same result.

Pressing help works. Nothing happens when you press enter on settings but if i have tried to play then on quit I'll get another av. If i don't try to play and quit with the exit option no av will occur
    Peregrinus, expectavi pedes meos in cymbalis
    Nullus norvegicorum sole urinat

Hmmm strange.

Well first thing, (got a bit going on with computer hardware going a bit erk atm) but when I get a chance I'll disable any music running at that point and get it uploaded and see if that changes anything, hopefully narrow it down and then see what can be done to fix it.

It worked for me, without any errors.

About the arrow. AFAIK ony tga or png supports transparency in the way you want it in your game. However, those formats arent supported in DelphiX.

The easiest solution is to use a matching background color when creating the graphics or, when no matching color can be found because there are a lot of different ones used, dont use antialiasing.
    You could in that event, add a subtile horizontal motion to the arrow, so the aliasing is less visible.

It's actually not the anti-aliasing that seems to be the problem, it's tthe shadowing and such I tried to add, or using that colour thing that brightens around the edges of the text.

UPDATED! (7th Jan 07).

UPDATED AGAIN! (9th Of Jan 2007).

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12