Quote Originally Posted by jasonf
Welcome to the nut house, I hope you like games.. especially this year, it's going to be mad.
Now thats what I'm talkin' about! Love to see the enthusiasm Jason. :thumbup:

Though the boys beat me to it... [size=9px](well actually it was Athena so it would be the girl... or girls, but so far shes the only resident 'PGD chick' so it's singular until she can trick some other of her female programmer friends that we are really just decent people... umm...)[/size] Welcome to PGD!

And just for the record, who ever told you Pascal was this that and the other thing... has not been here. If you want to learn how to make games and do the things that you've seen here, this is the place to learn it.

We have some great things listed in the PGD Library as a reference for our visitors. And we also have some articles written specifically for the PGD community in the Articles section.

Tools you definitely want to checkout are: Free Pascal [size=9px](cross-platform Pascal compiler)[/size], Delphi [size=9px](commercial software studio and compiler)[/size] and Lazarus [size=9px](open source alternative to Delphi, but uses the Free Pascal compilers instead)[/size]

There are a ton of libraries, component suites (for Delphi) and wrappers for graphics that you can use and learn. As well as sound, physics and a great many other things. You just have to decide what you want to do and where you think you'll be most comfortable starting in on.

I could pump you full of all kinds f information now, but I think it'll be best to let you explore and check things out.

Oh and our Links section is pretty fantastic too, be sure to check that out eventually aswell.