Quote Originally Posted by pstudio
Same goes for teams that choosen strategy as one of their genres - make sure what it's a stratery, not just tactics.
Which things do you believe make the difference between a strategy game and a tactical game? And does it matter? Isn't it in the same genre colour?
Hmm. Actually I was not talking about tactical games. More about what each game requires some "tactics/strategy" from player to win, but this doesn't automatically make them a strategy. Take a Worms as an example: this game is defined as an artillery style, but it also requires some strategy at moving players, etc. - not just firing to each other. Still, this doesn't make Worms a strategy game.

Hope, I've explained this more clearly now. As I understand competition requires multiple game genres from game entries, not just addition of some elements of one genre into other - genres should be clearly distinctable.

PS. While writing this and previous posts I was not aiming to comment on specific teams. These posts rather show mine genereal effect after reading design documentation from all teams.