Oh, I understand. I think that's a little silly though that they didn't reuse result like Delphi does as a standard feature. It would help when someone starts out with the compiler.

Thanks for updating the headers again.

Is there a specific reason for the cdecl; tagged onto the functions? I'm not entirely sure what it does, though I suspect it makes things easier in interfacing with a DLL. And the result variable of a function is the number of parameters returned, right? I think I'm starting to get a hang of this.

Now to start implementing the better aspects of FPC's console functions and making something better out of it. Like, columns displaying library scripts, window functionality, and some basic readkey stuff to tie all that into an easy executable for my scripts. Then there's no need to touch the app for a while, as I change things around and mess with stuff. I might end up writing a batch image converter to take screenshots from a given directory, convert them to jpeg/png and then dump them into another directory.

Thanks much for your help thus far! Maybe once I get a hang of this stuff and have a little more time I can help you out with your game engine. That would be kinda fun I think, but I honestly don't know enough right now on top of lacking the time to do more than fiddle around. But hey, getting acquainted with the language and its usage is half the battle.

(As a side note, I might have a use for this knowledge in my work. Our web server stuff is just about inbetween a rock and a hard place, and Lua just might be able to get us out. Assuming I can talk my coworkers into it. Keep your fingers crossed!)