Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: FERN: A Web Based Adventure MRPG built in Delphi

FERN: A Web Based Adventure MRPG built in Delphi

Yes, thanks Robert

Wodzu, along with these problems, it caused a headache when auto-routing though the map, where you can get auto-attacked while in a coach etc.

It also slowed down the game, where a player gets stopped if he crosses an agressive (but much lower skilled) enemy. It also causes a tonne of unlcaimed loot lying around and reduces the number of enemies available for new players.

I'm working to get a work-around with all those issues, but I have to work on the AI first.

I can imagine that I think that in the future auto-routing might cause you even more problems. If I undersand it correctly auto routing allows me to move from point A to point B almost instantly? So this feature is something like a wormhole where time and distance doesn't matter. I don't know how you plan to make a combat but I guess you will have to prevent auto-routing in combat mode? Maybe instead of auto routing player could buy himself some sort of scroll of teleportation which allows him to teleport to the destination point after some time. After all fast movement is a privilege of rich people Advantage of this solution would be also that you wouldn't have to implement an "interaction routine" when player is wandering from the point A to the point B and might encounter monsters and other players.

Regards,

Wodzu

What I mean with auto-routing, is implementing the A* alogrythm to find the shortest route between two points negotiating past obstacles, so the movement is realistic. Sometimes there is a single route through the mountains and a huge creature can hang around there. With auto-attack, it will kill everybody taking coaches, leaving me with a player revolt =)

As for worm holes and other magic, I need to decide what theme I'll use for it, will it be magic, technology, what kind of magic, where does it come from, etc.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234